Just Legal Group Leicester specialists in Immigration Law, Employment Law, Wills & Personal Injury.

Just Immigration

We are regulated by the OISC to advise in all aspects of Immigration and Asylum law from Initial application to representation on Appeal at the Tribunal.

Just Employment

We can assist you in your employment dispute, including compromise agreements, advice and assistance at the Employment Tribunal.

Just Wills

We can assist you in preparation of your will to ensure your estate is given in accordance with your wishes.

OISC Regulated

Just Legal Group is are regulated to provide immigration advice by the OISC

We are regulated to provide immigration advice by the OISC Ref: F201100283

Just Legal Group is regulated by the Claims management regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities and its registration is recorded on the website:


Just Legal Group's certificate no is CRM27157 Just Legal Group is a trading name of Just Legal (Leicester) Limited


"Thank you for a great service. Your offices were were professional and friendly. I will see you in the future for my settlement applicaiton...."


Veiw all our testimonials

Just Immigration - Ensure you receive up to date immigration advice and assistance. Just Legal Group

Marriage Settlemeng (Spouse Visa)

A UK marriage visa enables a person to apply for leave to enter the UK or leave to remain in the UK on the basis that they are married to a British Citizen: or a person who is present and lawfully settled in the UK with no time limit on their stay (Indefinite Leave to remain).

What is a spouse visa?

A spouse visa is issued on the basis of marriage. It allows a non-EU spouse to come to the UK on the basis of his relationship and it allows them the right live and work in the UK. There are a number of rules that need to be satisfied before the non-EU spouse will be issued with a marriage visa. These rules are known as the Immigration Rules. An application for a marriage visa will be refused if the requirements of the immigration rules are not met. Therefore, it is very important that any proposed marriage application meets all the elements of the rules.

How long is the visa valid? (The NEW Rules)

Initially a UK spouse visa is issued for a 30 months period this is known as the probationary period. After this time a person can apply for further Leave to Remain for a further period of 30 months and but you will still have to satisfy the immigration rules. Indefinite leave would be granted after 5 Years residence.

How do I qualify?

An applicant for a marriage visa in the UK must:

-be 18 years of age or over
-be legally married to each other; and
-plan to live together permanently;
-have met each other;
-Sponsor will have to show an income of at least £18600 (if there are no children); and
-have adequate accommodation where dependents can live without recourse to public funds
-be able to communicate in English at the required level (A1 CEFR) or be exempt

If a person has more than one husband or wife, only one of them will be allowed to join them in the UK as their husband or wife under the UK marriage visa.

If a person is applying within the UK for leave to remain on the basis of marriage, at the time of the application the person must have leave to remain in the UK on a visa category that was initially issued for a period of more than six months.

The New Income Rules have to be met for a visa to be granted in this category There are exemptions available and we can guide you through the process.

If your wish to discuss your case further then please contact our immigration team on 0116 2664680.