Just Legal Group Leicester specialists in Immigration Law, Employment Law, Wills & Personal Injury.

Just Immigration

We are regulated by the OISC to advise in all aspects of Immigration and Asylum law from Initial application to representation on Appeal at the Tribunal.

Just Employment

We can assist you in your employment dispute, including compromise agreements, advice and assistance at the Employment Tribunal.

Just Wills

We can assist you in preparation of your will to ensure your estate is given in accordance with your wishes.

OISC Regulated

Just Legal Group is are regulated to provide immigration advice by the OISC

We are regulated to provide immigration advice by the OISC Ref: F201100283

Just Legal Group is regulated by the Claims management regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities and its registration is recorded on the website:


Just Legal Group's certificate no is CRM27157 Just Legal Group is a trading name of Just Legal (Leicester) Limited


"Thank you for a great service. Your offices were were professional and friendly. I will see you in the future for my settlement applicaiton...."


Veiw all our testimonials

Just Immigration - Ensure you receive up to date immigration advice and assistance. Just Legal Group

EEA Nationals and their family members

The European Economic Area (EEA) is made up of the following member states:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom (Switzerland is not a member of the EU or the EEA. However since 1 June 2002, Swiss nationals have had rights which are similar to those of nationals of EEA countries)

If you are an EEA national from the above-listed countries, you can generally enter the UK to study, work, establish a business or reside in the UK as a self-sufficient EU national.

These rights extend also to members of the households of EEA nationals accompanying them to the United Kingdom.

Although it is not mandatory, EEA nationals may wish to apply for residence permits in the United Kingdom as this enables them to apply for Settlement after five years of continuous residence and subsequently Citizenship.

Household members who are not EEA nationals themselves should obtain EEA family permits before travelling to the United Kingdom if they are travelling in this capacity.

In order to enter the UK, you will have to show your passport or national identity card. As an EEA national you can:

· work
· set up a business
· study
· reside in the UK as a self-sufficient person

Residence Certificate

A residence certificate simply confirms that you have a right to live in the United Kingdom under European Community law. You will need to apply for a residence certificate if your family members want to apply for a residence document.
A residence permit is nowadays valid indefinitely. If you work in the UK continuously for 5 years, you may be entitled to settlement in the UK (Indefinite leave to remain.)

Public funds

You do not need to work while you are living in the UK. But if you do not work, you must be able to support yourself and your family in the UK without becoming an unreasonable burden on public funds.

The Recent introduction of the EEA Settled and Pre settled status applications which were not compulsory may now be required as we are now going to leave the EU by the end of January 2020, the scheme is likely to continue and so you should make some sort of provision for your immigration status if you are an EEA national and intend to live in the UK.

Our Immigration team can advise and assist you in aspects of EEA immigration law so please call us on 0116 2664680